guys, i’ve made it. i’ve lived in the big city an entire month — and i’m still alive! hooray! it’s crazy to think that less than two months ago i was getting ready to walk across the stage, now i’m here.
i have honestly been surprised by the reactions i’ve received from people when i tell them my story. “why did you move here?” …umm well actually, well… just because. there really was no “reason” besides the fact that i’m young, single (and ready to mingle… okay just kidding, but seriously) and have no real “ties” to a particular area. when will i ever have the chance to just go and live?
all of that being said, life is a lot different than in texas (especially than in east texas). i’ve kept a list of some of my “city girl problems.” if you’ve ever lived in a big city i’m sure you can relate… if not, well they are funny anyway.
city girl problems.
- “i’m sorry, WHAT?! i can’t hear you, the el is going by!”
- i want a soda from mcdonald’s, but the plastic cup is too cold to carry around.
- sorry I can’t reply to your text right now my fingers are numb.
- dinner? Nah- its too much work to go to the store.
- forgot something at home, don’t worry, only 6 metros & 2 buses stand in your way.
- sorry I have no money, poor homeless man, I’m about to be homeless myself.
- everyone has cute winter coats but me– Texas’ selection wasn’t all that great.
- I’m gonna need you to talk a little slower.
- “just a few blocks north” doesn’t really help me, sir.
- also, “just a few blocks” is a BIT OF AN UNDERSTATEMENT!
- oh you like my accent? well duh, i’m from texas.
that is where i live… yeah, right there. see it?
sibling love <3
ps- i’m working on a lot of new stuff. including a new business idea for my future and i’m P U M P E D. for real. i can’t wait to share it with all of you!
**disclaimer. i’m pretty sure allison harbin was the one who said i should keep up with my “city girl problems,” so shout out to youuu! love love love you!